- 1 Objective
- 2 Introduction
- 3 Search in PCS
- 4 Top Assignee
- 5 Top Assignee Insights
- 6 Bibliographic Analytics
- 7 Technical Insights: CPC Distribution in Top Assignees:
- 8 Technical Insights: Concepts vs Top Assignees
- 9 Value Chain Analysis
- 10 Latest M&A Activity in the Space
- Perform a landscape search in the area of Smart Speakers
- Use PCS to derive insights and gain competitive perspective
- Understand the value chain and recent M&A activities
A smart speaker is a type of wireless speaker and smart device that utilizes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other standards to extend usage beyond audio playback. This can include, but not be limited to, features such as compatibility across a number of services and platforms, peer-to-peer connection through mesh networking, intelligent personal assistants, and others. Each can have its own designated interface and features in-house, usually launched or controlled via application or home automation software.
Search in PCS
A search on PCS for Smart speaker was performed with the following search strategy:
(tac:speaker AND tac:home automation ) OR (tac:music system and tac:user-interaction ) OR (tac:speaker AND tac:user interaction and text:home ) OR (tac:speaker AND tac:voice command and text:smart-home ) OR (tac:speaker and tac:automation and text:music ) OR ((tac:bluetooth speaker OR tac:wireless speaker OR tac:NFC connected speaker OR tac:wifi speaker OR tac:wifi connected speaker ) and text:smart home ) OR (tac:smart speaker OR tac:intelligent speaker OR tac:networked speaker OR tac:talking speaker or tac:interactive speaker ) OR (tac:user interactive music system ) OR (tac:speaker and text:on demand music ) OR (tac:speaker and tac:user tracking and text:home ) OR (tac:speaker and tac:intelligent user-interface ) OR (tac:music and text:intelligent user-interface ) OR (tac:speaker and tac:user-interaction ) OR (text:voice controlled speaker ) OR (text:voice controlled music system) OR (text:speech controlled speaker) OR (text:speech controlled music system)
- All Top Players have Smart speakers products in market.
- Sonos - The Home Sound System
- Sony - BSP60
- Qualcomm - APQ8009/APQ8017 platform based etc
Top Assignee Insights
A) MIcrosoft technology Licensing
- Microsoft has patents related to smart speakers as shown below
B) Alphabet Inc.
- Alphabet has patents related to smart speakers as shown below
B) Apple Inc.
- Apple has patents related to smart speakers as shown below
- G06FR - Physics---> Computing;calsulating;counting ---> Electrical digital data processing