Difference between revisions of "Choline Bitartarate"
(→'''STN Search Strategy''')
|Line 538:||Line 538:|
* Click at this link for '''[
* Click at this link for '''[://.dolcera.com/dashboard/dashboard.?workfile_id=554 Dashboard]'''
Latest revision as of 02:48, 27 July 2015
- 1 Overview
- 2 Intellectual Property
- 2.1 Search Strategy
- 2.2 Analysis Taxonomy
- 2.3 Patent Analysis Sheets
- 2.4 Scientific Literature Analysis
- 3 Dashboard
- Choline is an organic compound, usually grouped within the Vitamin B complex. There are eight B vitamins in the Vitamin B complex family. Although each performs a different function in the body, they all work together to maintain good health.
- Choline is available in various forms namely, choline bitartrate, choline citrate,choline chloride and others.
- Choline Bitartrate (L(+) choline bitartrate) is a colorless or white crystal powder, which is a water-soluble part of the B Vitamin family. Its IUPAC Name: 2-hydroxyethyl(trimethyl)azanium; (2R,3R)-2,3,4-trihydroxy-4-oxobutanoate and CAS Registry Number is : 87-67-2. Source
- The body needs B vitamins to manufacture neurotransmitters, chemicals that control alertness and mood by speeding nerve signals through the brain.
- As B vitamins are water soluble, they are excreted in the urine and can be quickly depleted from the body. Only a small amount is stored in the body. Because of this, it is important that we take supplements to replenish these important vitamins in our body. Source
- Choline bitartrate is an essential nutrient needed by the nervous system to produce acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that facilitates the transmission of impulses between neurons. Source
Natural Source of Choline bitartrate: Egg yolk, peanuts, wheat germ, organ meats and legumes.
Health Benefits of Choline Bitartrate:
- Being a product of vitamin, it can be applied to medicine, healthcare product and food.
- It is a nutritious additive and fat remover, enhance fatty metabolism and eliminate the accumulation of fat in liver.
- Influence muscle contractions, movement, coordination and enhance memory.
- Involved in higher level brain functions like memory, thought and intellect.
- Is vital to the structural integrity of cell walls, the production of amino acids and proteins and the metabolism of fats.
- Aid in the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease, manic depression and improve the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
Deficiencies in B vitamins causes:
- Depression or signs of decreased mental functioning.
- Decrease cognitive function.
- Databases: USG USA EPA EPB WO JP DEG DEA DET DEU GBA FRA
- Years: From 1836 - To April 18, 2009.
|1||Choline bitartarate||Full Spec.||((choline ADJ1 bitartarate*) OR (choline ADJ1 bitartrate*) OR (choline ADJ1 bi ADJ1 tartrate*) OR (2-Hydroxyethyl ADJ1 trimethyl ADJ1 ammonium ADJ1 bitartrate) OR ((2-Hydroxyethyl) ADJ1 trimethyl ADJ1 ammonium ADJ1 bitartrate) OR ((2-Hydroxyethyl)trimethylammonium ADJ1 bitartrate))||1016 hits|
|2||Food & beverage||Claims, Title or Abstract||(beverage* OR drink* OR juice* OR potion OR tonic OR spirit* OR (liquid ADJ1 refreshment) OR Tea OR milk OR coffee OR cocoa OR (liquid ADJ (formulation*1 OR preparation*1)) OR capsule* OR caplet* OR tablet* OR powder*2 OR (Nutri* ADJ supplement*) OR Food* OR Meal* OR composition OR (Nutrition* NEAR3 adjuvant* ) OR (food NEAR3 supplement*) OR formula OR formulation*)||3677912 hits|
|3||Combine||1AND 2||881 hits (Unique Records 444)|
STN Search Strategy
=> FILE REGISTRY
=> UPLOAD STRUCTURE
=> D L1
=> S L1 EXACT SAM
=> D SCAN
=> S L1 EXACT FULL
SET PLURAL ON PERM
SET ABBREVIATION ON PERM
SET SPELLINGS ON PERM
=> S L3 AND PATENT/DT
=> S L3 NOT PATENT/DT
=> D L4 IALL 1-
=> D L5 IALL 1-
=> LOGOFF Y
IP activity over the years
- Maximum number of patents have been filed in the year 2004.
- Patents are published 18 months after application.
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research found to be the Top assignees with 3 patents.
- For 2 patent / publications Assignee name is not available.
- Patents focusing on Composition.
- Patents focusing on Methods.
- Patents focusing on Composition and Methods.
- Patents focusing on process of prepration.
Action of Choline bitartrate containing Compositions
Choline Bitartarate Patents categorised as per formulation
|Product form||Patent/publication||Patent focus||Ingredients other than Choline Bitartarate||Application|
|Beverage / liquid / Drink||US20040005368A1||Composition and Method||1. At least one substance that enhance oxygen uptake such as Gingko A, Caffeine, Green Tea, L-pyroglutamate, Xanthinol nicotinate.
2. A protein supplement.
|Used for weight loss.|
|US20040191294A1||Composition, Method, Process of prepration||1. one or more omega 3 fatty acids.
2. milk or milk-based products .
|lowers levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.|
|US20060121158A1||Composition||1. A first ingredient comprising at least one of a polyol, a fiber or a combination thereof.
2. Second ingredient comprising calcium.
3. Third ingredient comprising at least one of flavanol, stimulant and antioxidant.
|Used for weight management.|
|US5626849A||Composition and Method||An essentially dry mixture of chromium, L-carnitine, gamma-linolenic acid, (-) hydroxycitric acid, inositol, antioxidants and herbs.||A dietary supplement to help facilitate weight loss|
|US5904948A||Composition and Process of prepration||An protein component and a carbohydrate component.||Nutritional Supplement|
|WO2006052231A1||Composition and Process of prepration||Sugar including the carbohydrates, fructose and maltodextrin, and electrolytes chromium, copper, potassium, magnesium, sodium, and citric acid.||Restoring human growth hormone.|
|US20050171034A1||Composition and Method||Betaine, pyridoxal-5-phosphate, and N-acetyl-cysteine.||Promotes decrease of homocysteine levels in humans.|
|US20060241077A1||Composition and Method||A uridine, an acyl derivative thereof, a uridine phosphate, uracil, or a salt thereof;||Ameliorating or inhibiting decline in memory or intelligence.|
|US20070065456A1||Composition||Wasabia japonica, Silybum marianum, Cynara scolymus.||Nutritional supplement for a human diet.|
|US20070248696A1||Composition and Method||Dimethylaminoethanol, cytidine 5’-diphosphocholine, turmeric extract, decaffeinated green tea extract, vitamin B1,B5, B6, B12,folic acid, Dimethylglycine, huperzine A, Griffonia simplicifolia extract and 1-phenylalanine.||Improves neuromuscular facilitation and enhances cognitive functions, such as memory and mental focus.|
|US20080317868A1||Composition||An energy content, a protein fraction, a lipids fraction, a nucleotide fraction and a mineral fraction.||An anti-allergic infant formulation.|
|US4497800A||Composition||A protein equivalent, a suitable lipid, a carbohydrate component , essential vitamins , minerals and an emulsion stabilizer.||Providing nourishment for a human patient in need of such nourishment .|
|US4499076A||Composition||Essential amino acids, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins namely vitamin A, B1, B6, B12, C, D2, E, K1, calcium pantothenate, nicotinic acid amide, biotin, folic acid or choline bitartrate and minerals.||New elemental diets for liver diseases.|
|US4837219A||Composition, Method, Process of prepration||L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanime, L-Leucine, Zinc (from Zinc Gluconate) and Copper (from Copper Gluconate).||A medication for Alzheimer’s disease.|
|US5437880A||Composition||Digestible saccharide and a carotenoid.||A health drink|
|WO1994015488A2||Composition||Carbohydrate, electrolyte, ammonia neutralizer, energy enhancer namely choline Bitartrate and others , antioxidant, neuromuscular function enhancer.|
|Foodstuff||US20050208191A1||Composition and Process of prepration||Whole wheat, Roasted (defatted) soy Peanut paste, Sesame seed paste Sesame seed , Wheat germ (roasted), Non fat dry milk, Sugar Powder, Liquid, Lecithin, Sodium Chloride, mmonium bicarbonate, vitamins and others.||Nutritious baked snack food with high protein content|
|WO2005087018A1||Composition and Process of prepration||vegetable sources as wheat flout, roasted peanut paste, sesame seed, soybean flour and well balanced mixture of vitamins, minerals and others.||Food stuff for children and adult supplementing their nutritional requirement.|
Choline Bitartarate containing compositions
- Composition components matrix showing all the ingredients used along with Choline Bitartarate.
|Beverage / liquid / Drink|
|Patent/Publication No.||Amino acids||Antioxidant||Carbohydrates / Sugars||Energy Source / Enhancer||Fatty Acids / A lipid Source||Herbal Extracts||Minerals||Proteins||Stimulant||Vitamins||Vegetable Sources||Others|
|US20040005368A1||x||Caffeine, Green Tea||Oxygen uptake enhancing substance.|
|US20040191294A1||x||Milk or milk-based products|
|US5904948A||Maltodextrin||x||Whey , milk or vegetable||x|
|WO2006052231A1||leucine, isoleucine, valine and arginine.||x||x|
|US20050171034A1||N-acetyl-cysteine||Alpha-lipoic acid||Zn||A, B, C, E||Betaine|
|US20060241077A1||Uridine or its derivative|
|US20070065456A1||Green tea extract||Taurine||Wasabia japonica, Silybum marianum and Cynara scolymus.||Mn, Se Zn||x||x|
|US20070248696A1||B1,B5, B6, B12,folic acid||Dimethylaminoethanol, cytidine 5’-diphosphocholine, turmeric extract, Green tea extract|
|US4499076A||Essential AA’S||x||x||x||Calcium pantothenate, nicotinic acid amide, biotin, folic acid||x|
|US4837219A||L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanime, L-Leucine||Zn and Cu||x|
|US5437880A||x||Digestible saccharide||A B, C, D, E and K .||Carotenoids|
|WO1994015488A2||x||x||choline Bitartrate||Neuromuscular function enhancer|
|US20050208191A1||x||Fe, Zn, Cu, I ,||x||Sesame seed paste Sesame seed||Whole wheat, Roasted (defatted) soy Peanut paste, Wheat germ (roasted), Non fat dry milk|
|WO2005087018A1||x||x||Wheat flour, roasted peanut paste, sesame seed, soybean flour||x|
- Click here for Composition matrix showing all the ingredients used along with Choline Bitartarate.
Patent Analysis Sheets
- Click here for list of ingredients that are in combination with Choline Bitartarate, obtained from Patents.
Scientific Literature Analysis
|S.No.||Title||Citations||Publication Date||Results / Statastical data||Dolcera Summary|
|1||Effect of choline supplementation on fatigue in trained cyclists.||Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1995 May;27(5):668-73.||1995-05-01||1. Twenty male cyclists (ages 23-29) with maximal aerobic power (VO2max) between 58 and 81 ml.min-1.kg-1 were randomly divided into BRIEF (N = 10) and PROLONGED (N = 10) groups.
2. One hour after drinking a beverage with or without choline bitartrate (2.43 g), cyclists began riding at a power output equivalent to approximately 150% (BRIEF) and 70% (PROLONGED) of VO2max at a cadence of 80-90 rpm.
3.Time to exhaustion, indirect calorimetry and serum choline, lactate, and glucose were measured.
|Trained cyclists do not deplete choline during supramaximal brief or prolonged submaximal exercise, nor do they benefit from choline supplementation to delay fatigue under given conditions.|
- Click at this link for Dashboard